Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day 130 Turkey 26/1/2011, Antalya. Packing, food shopping and a few ill considered beers.

While Debs packed her bags this morning, I looked through the gear that she had brought back with her. We are both waving goodbye to carrying loads of books, because we are now the proud owners of Amazon Kindles. So far they look to be excellent, as long as they hold up to the rigours of travel then they will be a great asset. Of the other things that she brought back, most useful will be a gift to me from her parents. I now have a Thermarest chair that I can sit in while I write my blogs when we are camping. Sally and Andy, thank you so much.

We now have business cards to hand out to people, some spare tent pegs (takes the worries out of losing some), some new cycle clothing and two Union Jacks to hang from the bikes.

After Debs had finished packing her bags we went out for some food, which was followed up with a few beers in our favourite restaurant Favori.

MattDebs0852UKtoZA MattDebs0853UKtoZA

The beers seemed like a good idea at the time, but what they actually succeeded in doing was making us sleepy. This would have been fine, but we still had some food shopping to do. By the time we got back to the hotel we were dead on our feet.

Returning once again to Favori, we had our last meal in Antalya. I have had a good time here, even if towards the end I was running out of things to do. The hotel and its staff have been brilliant, I have always felt welcome and it has felt like home. Although I am pleased to be moving on, it will be a little bit sad to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment