Tuesday 11 January 2011

Day 115 Turkey 11/1/2011, Antalya. Farewell to Debs for now, a short stroll and some maintenance.

The morning passed before Debs departure with breakfast, some last minute checks and a slow stroll to the bus stop, via the snack stalls. We of course got to the stop rather early, but at least the weather was nice . We spent the time we had before the bus arrived, sitting on a bench in the sun beside a fountain.

Before too long it was time to wave goodbye. This took quite a while, as the bus didn't exactly rush away from the stop and then promptly stopped at the traffic lights about 50m down the road. Still it lightened the mood, I will miss her dearly!

MattDebs0812UKtoZA MattDebs0813UKtoZA

Not desperate to head back to the hotel so early, I went and had a light lunch in the park and then strolled round the old city taking some random photos.

MattDebs0814UKtoZA

Back at the hotel I got down to some maintenance. I investigated the cause of a squeaky pedal (dry bearings) and stripped and cleaned our stove.

I didn't expect to hear from Debs until she arrived at Sarah's at around 11pm my time. To make sure I was awake I held out going for dinner until later. The restaurant plied me with plenty of tea and biscuits, but the stove was so hot that it was relief to get back into the air. The problem with all this outdoor living is that I am finding being inside quite stuffy.

Back at the hotel with the windows wide open, I watched two films, Daybreakers (not a bad take on the vampire genre) and Exit through the gift shop (a Banksy directed, possible hoax documentary, that I really enjoyed and strongly recommend).

I got an email from Debs saying she was safe not a moment too soon, as I was starting to drift off. Hopefully she will have a good, not too stressful time back home.

Take care babe I will see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment