Wednesday 12 January 2011

Day 116 Turkey 12/1/2011, Antalya. Rain! A very clean bike, a shiny new chain and an oil change.

I have been so used to the lovely weather over the last few days, that it came as a bit of a surprise to wake to rain this morning. By the time I dragged myself out of bed and down to breakfast it had pretty much stopped.

I decided to start the day with good intentions and grabbed everything I needed to clean at least one of the bikes. I thought better of doing the cleaning in the hotels terrace area and took my stuff onto the road outside. The cleaning took ages, but I have to confess that with the addition of a shiny new chain my bike looks great.

Popping back to the room to get the oil change kit for our hubs, I had a quick check of my emails and saw that Debs had messaged. The letters we needed to apply for our Syrian visas hadn't arrived, so she was stuck with not much to do.

Foregoing the cycle maintenance for a while we had a brief chat on Skype, then it was back to the bike. The oil change went remarkably easily, it was just a shame that it started raining again.

Dinner was cheap and not so cheerful, in fact the Turkish burger bar that I went to, makes a McDonalds look like a quality product. I will be having a rethink on the food front over the next few days.

Hopefully the sun will shine again tomorrow and I will get out on my bike. I obviously can't ride it in the rain now that I have cleaned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment