Friday 14 January 2011

Day 118 Turkey 14/1/2011, Antalya. Hiking shops, bike shops and a shopping mall.

As per my previous post it wasn't an early one this morning. I strolled down to breakfast a little the worse for wear.

In the interests of having Debs stop calling me 'Matt short sleeves' and then falling about laughing, I decided to head to the shops to try and replace my shrunken fleece. After a stroll round the many knock off stalls, where for some reason they seemed convinced that I was prepared to pay more for a fake than the real thing, I headed to the hiking shop. We had briefly been in the shop when Debs was here, but I thought it was worth another look.

I found an ideal replacement that unfortunately had sleeves that were about the same length as my old one. It looks like I will have to keep looking, although the options in Antalya aren't that great.

Despite the fact that the shop didn't have anything my size, the shop keeper gave me directions to a good bike shop and said that I might find a suitable top in a nearby shopping mall. As the bike shop wasn't far away, I went to investigate on the off chance that they would have a replacement tyre for my bike. The shop was very small but quite well stocked, unfortunately not with tyres. The owner races mountain bikes and obviously know his stuff, he said that he would be able to get me tyres, but they would have to be couriered from Istanbul. Due to the costs involved, I think I will manage with what I have.

The shopping mall turned out to be further away than I thought, so I went back for my bike. Perhaps I missed it, but I failed to find the shop that had been recommended. I did however get some supplies from the large supermarket, a bit of self catering will save on the costs of eating out all the time. I have decided that as everyone here seems to smoke in their room, which drifts into mine, then there is no reason why I cant light my stove. Tonight's dinner will be spinach ravioli with arrabiata sauce, washed down with a hopefully nice Chardonnay.

I was just getting settled in for the night, when Ram, who I was supposed to be going out with last night, knocked on the door to find out if I wanted a beer. Apparently he had been delayed yesterday and didn't get back until late. It seemed rude not to accept the offer, so the evening ended very much like the previous night. Thankfully there was no Celine Dion!


No comments:

Post a Comment