Sunday 26 December 2010

Day 99 Turkey 26/12/2010, Köyceğiz. Boxing day, packing and pomegranates.

Funnily enough, today felt very much like the day after Christmas does back at home. We both rather sluggishly got out of bed and went down to breakfast. We then went back to the room and failed to move until about midday. It wasn't entirely unproductive, I did get my blog entries written and we started to do some packing, but mainly we just rested.

MattDebs0715UKtoZA

The only part of the town that we haven't seen since we have been here is the beach, so when we did eventually venture out that's where we headed. It was very much a case of 'well we have seen it, now lets go back'. Perhaps in the summer it looks much better, but right now we wouldn't describe the beach as Köyceğiz's finest asset!

Having picked up some bread and snacks from a supermarket we returned to the hotel to complete the Boxing day tradition of eating all the leftover food from the day before. It was during this, that I now have to add Pomegranates to the list of food that can only be eaten whilst naked and in the bath. I know Terry Wogan used to claim this was the only way to eat mangoes, but having attempted to dye my clothes grenadine coloured, I feel that Pomegranates should also be eaten this way. It was very tasty and perhaps I was preparing it wrong, but unless I receive another free one, then I shall not be risking it again!

Heading out once again, we had dinner in a local restaurant and then went back to the hotel to watch the Dr Who Christmas special. Even in Turkey, using a bit of internet trickery, we didn't have to miss out on the latest episode.

Hope everyone is still enjoying the holidays, I shall be writing from the hills along the road to Fethiye tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment